Sunday, December 22, 2013

When I go in a painting unprepared, this is what happens...

Hey guys!

 First of all, this will probably be my last post before Christmas so I want to wish you all a Merry Xmas!! If you're not into that kind of stuff, hope you're still having time off work to enjoy the Holidays!

Now onto the subject of this post... Most of the time, when I do a proper painting (not a speedpaint), I tend to have a pretty clear idea in my mind of what I want to do and the only way to have myself stop thinking about it constantly is to put in on canvas.

When that's the case, the process is generally pretty quick and straightforward.

This time though, it wasn't the case.

I don't remember the last time I struggled so much with a painting and I blame the fact I forced myself to finish it even though I had lost interest in the subject. In any case, I thought the progress shots for it would be interesting to share and it would be good to see me fail. I don't see the final result as a failure as much as the process itself, but if the process isn't clean, generally it leaves traces in the final image in the form of useless brushstrokes; something I try to avoid as much as possible.

Below are a few of WIPs and even better, a time-lapse :)

Cheers guys!

-marc




And the final image:



No comments: